Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School


Wow, it's hard to believe it's been a whole year, and it's time for school to start again! Here's a picture of Ethan (age 13!!!) and Tristan (age 8!!!) this morning before we braved the carpool and drop-off lines at Anderson Elementary where Tristan's a 3rd grader and Curtis Middle School where Ethan's the big man on campus as an 8th grader.

We've had a huge year with many roller coaster ups and downs, and we're so happy that things are looking up for us. We promise updates with pictures and news soon. For now, celebrate the new school year with us and our rapidly growing children!!!

4 comments:

Wesley said...

OH MY GOSH!!! They are so OLD now! I really can't believe how manly Ethan is... love you guys!

Lana said...

Wow, another school year begins. The kids get bigger every year no matter how we try to stop them. :)

LadyCarma said...

Nice photo. Every year the smiles are still there. Is Ethan taller than me now? He is quite the amazing young man. Can Tristan read? I still remember hearing him tell you each day after kindergarten that "I still can't read." He is too funny. Thanks for the post. I want more.

Erlynne said...

They really are growing so fast! Ethan's lanky and TALL and all of his pants are too short. I think he's about 5'2", and we just had Tristan measured yesterday at 4'2". Seriously, I give Ethan 6 months before he's taller than me!

Did I really authorize all this wild growing and maturing? I don't think I signed on for it when I wished so hard for tiny sweet babies to love and hold and play with. But wow.... when they get baptized and advance in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts and text you on their cell phones and learn Spanish and know five times more about computers than their mom.... that's a whole new set of milestones to glow about. :)