Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How to feed boys

In the same vein as Chris' post, I thought I would chime in with my own earth-shaking discovery today.  

I've been feeding boys my entire married life, so I thought I knew how to do it and get them to munch happily on the grub.  After last night's dinner, I discovered that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing whatsoever, with all my fancy "recipes" and my "balanced meal plans".  Pssh.  I was a newbie.

I poured 2 cups of pancake batter into my Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan and put it in the oven for 15 minutes.  The pancakes came out in one big square of goodness, perfectly cooked.  I square cut them with a pizza cutter and served them up.  Then I warmed up frozen sausage patties in the microwave and made frozen grape juice.  Total prep time: 16 minutes.  Total eating time:  Chris: 2 minutes, Ethan: 1.5 minutes, Tristan: 4.2 seconds, and then he wanted the last extra sausage, which I swear he ate all in one mouthful.

Gourmet, Schmourmet!  Breakfast for dinner is the one meal to rule them all!

1 comment:

Lana said...

Ain't that the truth! That's our favorite meal around here. Cereal anyone?! (No milk in your family's of course...) :)