Monday, March 22, 2010

Back!

Hi everybody!

I am back!  It is spring, it is gorgeous and flowery and sunny and beautiful outside (except for the 1 weird day of snow), and it has been time for rebirth and renewal here in our household.  

It's a long, involved, depressing story to tell why I haven't been motivated to do... welllll... ANYTHING.  In short, 2008 was really tough for me, and I couldn't find "the happy."  So I sought counseling and they supported my decision to try an antidepressant.  I did, and since November 2008 I have been ASLEEP!  I realized, after a year and a half of "meh" and "I can't be bothered," that I had more than just stepped back and relaxed, I had lost the vitality and joy that make me who I am.  The medicines had forced me to be so sleepy and worn down and relaxed that they depressed me!

So when I realized that I had accidentally signed up for Opposite Day in my brain, I decided to break OUT of that cycle ASAP!  I wanted to find Erlynne again!  Now that I'm done with the pills, I finally remember who I am.

So begins my journey of discovery.  First 3 things on my to-do list:

1.  Lose the weight I gained while on the accursed antidepressants.  I didn't undergo weight loss surgery in 2004 just to get fat again in 2009!!!  I'm getting my Lap Band filled tomorrow morning and starting a daily exercise regimen.  I found out today that I have a partially torn hamstring in my right leg, so the ortho doc said to bike, not walk.  I can do that - I've got a bike in my back yard and gorgeous sunny days to play in!  Celebration Park, HERE I COME!!!!  My first goal is to lose 10 pounds by Easter Sunday.  

2.  Figure out the money.  I, who bookkeep for a LIVING, haven't reconciled a single credit card or bank statement for our personal accounts in exactly 1 year.  I know how much money we have, but I don't know where it's been, or where it's going.  That makes me crazy as a loon, and it stops NOW.  I am going to whip that budget into shape!

3.  Return and report.  I need to write the stories of what our family has done, become, experienced, and seen.  If I don't write them (with pictures, of course), then I will forget them, and that is unacceptable!  Plus, I need to reach out to those I love.  I feel like I've been an ostrich hiding with my head in the sand.  That's not me!

I can gratefully and truly say that I have leaned on the arm of the Lord for support during these past many months.  I didn't know WHY I couldn't be "a normal person," but I know He blessed me to feel His presence and His love for me and for my family.  I can't wait to repay that love by word and deed. :)

3 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Glad you are back! I have missed you. And especially thanks for the new blog post. I am looking forward to many more. Thanks for the time on Skype last night and again today with the boys. They are growing too fast! We've only been gone from Texas for four months!

Lana said...

That was a fun post that inspired me to reevaluate my list of "stuff" that I ignore. I feel like a lot of times I spend time on things that I know aren't as important but they are a good substitute for the things I don't really enjoy. You know, like I'd rather document our life via blogging than take a BYU independent study class...whoops. :) Time to reorganize my time a little. Thanks for the reminder. Glad to see a post from you and Dallin in the same week!! :)

Wesley said...

Welcome back!! I love you and I'm excited to see you fulfill your goals. I'm behind you 100%. G-0 E-R-L-Y-N-N-E!!! (That's me cheerleading)